Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spoke too soon...

Today was a hard day... a few tears of frustration, to say the least. So, Sean took Erik to the pediatrician for his regular checkup; here's what we found... 1) Erik has an ear infection! who knew. NO signs at all! Poor kid, who knows for how long. 2)Next.. Erik has cold hands most of the time, even to the point of turning purple. We are to talk to the neuro about what this could mean. So a call was made to the neuro to see if this is something he needs to be seen for sooner than April 7th. 3) Next... Erik's pediatrician is concerned about how his spine is developing. His spine is bulging in his mid to low back. We can especially see this when he sits. So the ped dr. will be ordering x-rays and we are to ask his PT if she sees anything that might be of concern and get her opinion. 4) Next... the dr is worried about Erik's weight, he lost even more since the geneticist appt (which is weird, because I could have sworn he was gaining weight). She suggested putting him back on the special formula he was on before - Sean was great and told her the allergist said there is still milk in the formula, so the dr will be calling the allergist to decide what will be best. (way to go Sean - good lookin out)! I think that's it... Talk about stressful, ugh! We now have added more things to our list, just as we thought things were settling down to normal. Lord, hear our prayers...

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Summer... I don't know if I told you, but I have a friend whose son has mytochondrial (sp?) disease that you could email and chat with if you want... also I have a friend whose son had weight loss, milk allergy and a spinal bulge (sound familer LOL)... so I could hook you up with her too. Just to talk with other mom's who have gone through similar things. Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I don't know if I expressed my gratitude to you getting me info to connect with your friends!! It can be difficult to reach out when we are going through so much, but it has been so valuable! Anyway, I appreciate you :)

    ReplyDelete